Remember: We're NOT trying to judge the quality of the information. Our ASSUMPTION is that if we get the information presentation standards right, it will be easy for other people/programs to do that evaluation LATER. Basically we're building the roadway, with signage and exit and entry ramps and lighting, and we're expecting users to invent the vehicles that will travel that roadway.
Hence, our standards would likely be based on boring things such as:
- Controlled vocabularies
- Compliance with Web standards
Additionally, we might someday develop standards that include ideas like
- Machine audits comparing natural language text to meaning models;
- Validation of RDF triples;
- Completeness of directories of meaning
- Declarations of certified directories
And so on.